Choose the correct answer
1. You have a shower in
a. a bathroom
b. a living room
c. a kitchen
d. a bedroom
2. You _____________ for a company.
3. In the living room you have
a. a sofa, a TV-set, a coffee table
b. a shower, a washing machine, a clothes dryer
c. a cooker, an oven, hobs
d. a toilet, a washbasin, a table
4. You can bake cakes in
a. a cooker
b. a water heater
c. an oven
d. a dish washer
5. A plug can be put in
a. an on/off switch
c. a fuse
d. a socket
6. Insulation is made of
7. Which one is not an electric tool?
a. a cable stripper
b. a spanner
c. a wire
d. a screwdriver
8. If you can ask and answer the customer’s questions, you have
a. good time management
b. manual skills
c. good communication skills
d. physical fitness
9. Which one of the following would you put in the qualifications section in your CV?
a. VCC in Electrical Installation
d. buying electrical tools
10. Which one is an additional benefit at work?
d. paid holidays
Write if the sentences are true or false.
1. He studied at City College between 2009 and 2011.
2. He doesn’t have a driving licence.
3. He likes talking to people.
4. He would like to earn £20-30 per hour.
5. He can start work on 30th April.
Choose the correct answer.
|Dear Sir/Madam,I am writing to complain about your delivery service. I did not receive the goods from your electrical store. I ordered a dish washer, an electric cooker and a fridge a month ago (April 14th).Two weeks ago I sent an e-mail to the customer service assistant and he informed me that the products would be delivered within a week. I feel disappointed because I already asked an electrician to help me install them and had to rearrange the date. Also, I cannot use the kitchen, which is a big problem for my family.
To resolve the problem I would like a full refund. The order number is I-329547. If I do not hear from you within next two days, I will contact your customer service manager.
Please contact me by phone on 7803182.
I look forward to hearing from you.
1. The customer wrote the letter to
d. apply for a job
2. The customer ordered
a. small appliances
b. major appliances
d. testing devices
3. He was promised to receive the products
a. the next day
b. a month ago
c. within a month
d. within a week
4. It is a problem for the customer because he
a. cannot use the kitchen
b. had to buy the products at a different shop
c. does not like the colours
d. has to repair the dishwasher
5. The customer wants
a. a full refund
b. new equipment
c. different products
d. extra money
1. Complete the business card:
|Name of the company:
2. Describe your living room.
3. Write 5 examples of safety rules at electrician’s work.
4. Write about the additional benefits you got in your last job.
5. Write about your work experience, as it would appear on your CV.
1. Introduce yourself.
2. Describe your house.
3. What did you have to do in your last job?
4. What tools do you use in your work?
5. What are your qualifications?