VCC IS COMPLIANT WITH ASSUMPTIONS OF CELAN PROJECT AND IT SUPPORTS OCCUPATIONAL MOBILITY OF EMPLOYEES
A professional foreign language aimed at specific professions has been included in VCC vocational education process. This attitude is included in CELAN (Language Strategies for Competitiveness and Employability) project promoting foreign languages in business in order to increase competitiveness and improve employment opportunities. This is particularly crucial due to the fact that European employers more and more frequently require their personnel to have good foreign language and communication skills. Command of foreign languages contributes to the increase of self-realization, social integration, employment and social activity.
The activity of the CELAN net entails:
- verifying language needs of European companies operating in various sectors,
- analysing the existing language tools and services,
- developing on-line applications supporting improvement of business people’s foreign language needs.
The VCC standard includes professional foreign language:
- New Competences module: command of a professional foreign language certified by theoretical and practical exams is a necessary condition for gaining the right to exercise a profession.
- Select Competences module: from the available VCC offers, employees may choose training in any foreign language that would match their profession. Consequently, they will improve their chances on the European labour market. Practically, good command of a professional foreign language is a condition included in occupational mobility of employees.
Language training may precede examinations. In order to participate in professional foreign language training, candidates must demonstrate their command of a foreign language on a specific level. This level is defined individually for each profession.