International Standard Classification of Occupations was elaborate by International Labour Organization to meet needs of the Eurostat. It is also noticed in Polish Classification of Occupations and Specializations which was elaborated relied on International Standard Classification of Occupations ISCO-88 and its new edition formed in 1994, this is ISCO-88 (COM) which is advised to the member countries of the European Union by the Eurostat to be applied in statistics researches.
International Standard Classification of Occupations ISCO-88 is also applied to mark occupations covered with the VCC System. Each of the occupations possesses the classification number.
Thanks to application of the general Classification of Occupation there is possible to precisely define competences and to elaborate programmes of trainings fitted to the labour market needs. Among advantages of this solution we can mention:
- better adaptation of the abilities to requirements of a work stand,
- easier matching of jobseekers and vacant posts,
- standardized and compared applications, measurable for employers,
- improvement of employees professional mobility,
- improvement of information quality exchange concerning vacant posts,
- better matching of education offer and labour market needs.